ClearAlignment is developing software for designing online courses. This software project involves instructional design concepts, theories, and multimedia development. Interns involved in this project will have opportunities to refine their practical skills in instructional design and development in a totally new application.
Interns are provided with support and mentorship for instructional design, continuous feedback on their work and submissions, and collaboration opportunities. Interns will be able to add to their portfolio evidence or capstone requirements, earn hourly wages, and receive a letter of recommendation. Candidates must be willing to devote 15–20 hours (on average) per week for the duration of the internship (4–5 months).
Interns should have a strong desire to engage in instructional design/development and a background in education, technology, or instructional design (preferred). Ultimately, interns should be reliable, resourceful, learn quickly, have aesthetic sensibility, and have previously developed content for the online environment. Other qualities include:
- Passionate about learning the field of instructional design from an educational institution perspective
- Demonstrated experience (through other work or coursework) with instructional design and development
- Autodidact and demonstrates meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to be both a team player, eager collaborator and self-motivated
- Outstanding in self-organization, communication, interpersonal and leadership skill
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the design and development of online courses
- Knowledge of learning management systems
- Skills in project management
- Research and literature search skills
Dr. Sara Tarr